SEO strategies help web sites rank on Google and other search engines. SEO isn’t just about search engines, though. Amazon SEO boosts your items’ search rankings. Amazon SEO involves improving your product listing.
Amazon SEO vs. Conventional SEO
Traditional SEO services and amazon marketing are comparable. Both amazon marketing and SEO services need ranking optimization. Several differences exist. Amazon is an e-commerce site; it focuses major on sales. On Google, where traditional SEO strategies are mostly practiced, wants consumers to return by providing an excellent search experience.
Amazon prioritises items for rapid, efficient sales. It must differ from Google and other search engines to achieve this. Amazon doesn’t employ Google’s algorithms.
What’s an Amazon A9?
Amazon’s A9 algorithm ranks items. It uses fewer signals than RankBrain. The A9 algorithm evaluates product listings to deliver the best search results. Amazon ranks goods by purchase likelihood. It evaluates your listings’ relevance and performance.
Amazon’s A9 algorithm assesses product listing relevance. It examines where and how your keywords are used and their relevance to the search query.
- Product Title: The system will evaluate your product title’s relevance. Your listing’s title should include keywords.
- Keywords: Amazon notices and examine your keywords to better understand your product. Keywords notify Amazon about your goods and which search queries to use.
- Product Description: Amazon examines each letter to determine the relevance of a search. Use relevant keywords and as much detail as possible.
Product attributes, like your description, help Amazon determine how valuable your product would be in a search. So, Amazon understands your product is relevant and provides keywords and features.
Performance-related Amazon rankings
Amazon is a sales-focused e-commerce platform. Its programme tries to predict product sales. Amazon’s performance ranking variables evaluate your product listings.
What Amazon A9 takes into account:
- Click-Through Rate: One search query may receive more clicks than another based on buyer intent, color, size, or other product attributes. Amazon examines your listing’s prior click performance.
- Conversion Rate: Amazon takes into account the number of listing clicks that resulted in a sale. Amazon will display your goods to more customers if your conversion rate is high.
- Price: Since conversion rate is a ranking criterion, product pricing matters. A consumer won’t pay more if another seller is cheaper. Amazon values the price since it affects the conversion rate.
- Product Images: The quality of your product images influences how likely buyers are to click on your product from search results and purchase it (conversion rate). Amazon assesses your photographs’ quality and optimisation.
How to Optimize Amazon Titles
Product titles are the first thing a buyer sees when they search, so they’re a key ranking component and sales driver. Avoid keyword cramming while writing product names. Using too many keywords in your product title makes it look spammy.
Your product title should include the brand, any specifications (color, quantity, size, model number), and the most relevant Amazon keyword.
Include only the necessary facts. You have limited characters for your product title, so be brief.
Your Amazon product title must fulfil these standards.
- Title case
- Words (no symbols)
- No punctuation
Boost Amazon product descriptions
The product description should be as descriptive as possible. You should include relevant keywords and information like features, measurements, and brands. Write properly in full sentences and make sure buyers and the algorithm understand your product description. Make your material scannable by using subheadings. When applicable, use keywords in subheadings. In the opening sentence or paragraph of your material, mention your keyword.
Your Amazon product description must match these guidelines.
Highlights product features and specifications; includes care instructions and warranty information as needed; is easily scannable; does not include corporate contact information or website links; does not use sale keywords such as “free shipping” or “on sale now”
Both Amazon and e-commerce sites should have legible, keyword-rich product descriptions. However, that doesn’t imply you should write bold copy. Copies should be honest.
Bold text may help sell, but it hurts reviews. Reviews are a ranking element, so you’ll hurt your copy’s SEO.
Your Amazon product features section must follow the criteria.
- 500 characters maximum
- Be specific about attributes such as size, measurements, and color.
- There are no sales, discounts, or shipping information.
How to find Amazon keywords
Increasing traffic and Amazon SEO requires using the proper keywords. Researching keywords helps find good ones. As with conventional SEO, Amazon SEO keyword research is all about picking the proper keyword. You must still evaluate two metrics:
- Relevance: What is the keyword’s relevance? Pick a keyword that your buyers use to discover your items.
- Performance: Select keywords based on their likelihood of success. You risk reaching fewer customers if you don’t consider the keyword’s search volume.
Many keyword research tools may assist you in locating the ideal keywords and their search volumes. There is technology that can tell you what people look for on Amazon and how many do.
- Amazon Auto-Fill
How to Improve Metrics
Performance metrics evaluate how effectively your product sells, so updating its listing should help buyers buy. You may view your product’s conversion data in Business Reports or Seller Central’s Detail Sales Page and Traffic. Find your conversion rate in the Unit Session Percentage.
Improve Amazon product images
Your product photos are one of the first things customers see on the search page, so they affect your click-through rate. Images are the greatest method for a buyer to see your goods before buying them, hence they impact the conversion rate.
Focus on photo quality. Images must remain high quality while tiny in search results, when clicked, or when zoomed in. Many items need numerous photos.
The initial photograph should be on a white backdrop, with successive images presenting the product in different perspectives, packaging, or settings.
Optimize product reviews.
Product reviews say a lot about your product and company. Although you can’t control what they say, you can control the reviews you receive. Product descriptions and photos should be honest and accurate. Bad ratings come from people who believe they bought one thing but got another.
Although deceptive and erroneous descriptions might boost sales, they also lead to unfavourable reviews and product returns. You should encourage customers to review your goods. After a purchase, you may set up Amazon to send a consumer a reminder email to submit a review.
If you get unfavourable reviews, reply and take appropriate action. If your product has an issue, fix it right away.
There are several areas still left to explore about Amazon SEO, the information above should have given you the background knowledge and the impetus on how to improve your product listing on Amazon. For adequate and comprehensive information on how you can scale astronomically with Amazon SEO, kindly contact P1 SEO agency. We are an SEO service agency in Australia, and we offer professional services to clients all over the world. Get in touch with us today!